Monday, April 6, 2009

Windday, the 16th of Greyeven

I've been lead in circles for the past several days by the Rodor. They tell me that after taking me to be healed in the Enchanted Lands, Aelfric brought me back to his home to recover, before leaving on an assignment.

Finally today I was visited by one of the Captains of the scouts. Unlike his underlings, he was straight forward with me, informing me that Aelfric had not been heard from for quite some time. The last of their information they could find has lead them to the understanding that he is being held within the Citadel in the Orcish Wastes.

They've also determined that there is not any way to free him, without shattering their own laws and codes of ethics.

As weakened as I may be, there is no way in hell I am going to sit back and just let this happen....and the Captain was aware of that.

He came to ask for my help, and to give me a package that Aelfric had left for me before leaving on his assignment; it is appearently something all the Rodor do before non-standard scouting assignments, should they have anyone they wish to give their things to.

There was a letter inside, along with three Rodor chevron pins. While the Captain waited, I read the letter - the long and the short of it was that he wasn't sure if he'd make it back, but he wished for me to take the position of a Captain within the Rodor. This lead me to questioning the Captain about whether or not there would truly be any trust or respect possible for a Teir`dal within their ranks, and he assured me that they trusted the judgement of their leader, but it would take time for their actions to be genuine but it would eventually be so.

Given the situation, I declined for the moment, citing to the Captain that their rules couldn't apply when I journied to Zek - unlike all of these men, I would use the innocent to do what I needed to do. Though disturbed by this information, the Captain agreed to wait to announce anything until after I returned.

And so, I prepare to leave for Zek, giving myself a crash course of re-training; my plan is to find overzealous adventures, convince them to storm the Citadel, and slip inside while they distract the orcs. While not exactly sound, it will have to do until I am there and can appraise the situation properly...from inside.

I plan on stopping at the inn on my way there, as Kel of course, to apologize to Duvessa for not pursuing matters further, and to say good bye to her and Tehom - in case I, too, do not return...

The time draws near....this will be the last entry I write until my return. I cannot risk carrying such a heavy tome where I go.

No comments:

Post a Comment