Monday, April 6, 2009

Feastday, the 7th of Stargazing

Life has...finally broken apart.

In my wild fury, which I will naut deny was out of control, after moving my things to a hidden apartment in Temple Street, I ran through the Commonlands, my mind nau more than that of a feline predator. I felt that my prey was close, and I need only speed to Nektulos Forest to find him.

I do naut know if it was intuition that lead me there, or if it had been part of his plan from the beginning, but I found the branch prancer sitting upon one of the large mushrooms with his back to J`ais Bridge. Sneaking up on him and placing the blade against his neck was too easy, and it should have warned me that it was a trap, but I was too far gone to realize such simple things.

There were far to many faces to witness, and so I forced him to walk deeper into the forest, to N`mar's Ascent - I wished to question him and there is no better a place in Nektulos than the Ascent to encourage people to talk...hundreds of Dragoons below a long drop of a cliff face will do that to anyone, really.

He would naut answer any of my questions, save what his name was and what it meant in the tongue of the Feir`Dal. This angered me further, and it was enough for him to over take me.

We fought - verbally and physically - for what seemed like hours, each of us gaining the upper hand then loosing it before following through. It was like two angry lions, fighting over who got to lead who, and just as physically brutal as such a fight - we've both many wounds and bruises from it.

But it was...intoxicating to fight him. I could naut understand why until I got a clear look into his eyes...

...Kelefaroth's eyes were staring back at me...

It was then that he tried to force me to kill him, holding my hand and dagger against his neck so hard that it cut the flesh. He was insistent that I take his life, return to Longshadow Alley and claim the bounty on his head; he believed that such would actual repair all the damage he had done by stalking me. That in itself was foolish - there was little to be done now that I'd killed my uncle.

And...I could naut kill him...the idea of naut sleeping under the stars, listening to Kelefaroth's tales of adventure in distant lands was...I did naut want that...

Something snapped, as much as I Hate to admit it, and I began crying - openly - and he finally let go of the dagger and my hand and let them both fall. My fingers were cut from trying to pull the blade from his throat, and he quietly bandaged them for me; he ignored his own deeper wound on his throat, but I did naut.

It was clear I could naut return to Freeport save to gather up my things and bring them out of the city. However, taking them to Qeynos - where this Aelfric lived - was dangerous as well. He lead me to a small camp, tucked away from the eyes of the world by hedges and trees but still near to the cliff side; it was set up as he had already admitted he planned this whole affair, despite how dangerous it could have been for him. There we spent the night, so differently from how we had before, and for a few hours, we could forget all the dangerous situations that were upon us...

No comments:

Post a Comment