Monday, April 6, 2009

Unknown Date

I awoke, floating within the Waters of Life again, only this time, there was naut a bit of clothing on my body. There was only skin, the water, and silence...and the power from the orb above me.

Always, life was about death, at least as far as I had known it. But now, in this moment, life was about...life; instead of seeing myself as a bringer of death, I came to the slow conclusion that I was, in fact, an ender of life. Those who died beneath my blade did so because they'd done some travisty that warrented the end of their life.

But they'd been for the wrong reasons then.


Close my eyes...slip beneath the waters..


Loyalty was an instinct, a ground in ideal that had been sewn into my being from the first day I drew breath. To House and Family, I was meant to serve and protect, to deflect it's enemies and be rid of their problems without question of why. In reflection, it is why that matters more than pretty words - why it was done was wrong, and I shouldn't have been loyal to them without asking why.

But that loyalty doesn't die, even now when I've nau House to guard, nau kin to protect - I've made others my kin now, and they've my loyalty to the last. Unlike before, if I kill, it is naut for petty arguments and noble endearments - if I kill it is to end the lives of those who have done actual harm to those I am loyal, not some political mockery like it was within Freeport.

...break through the surface...

What is life without adventure?

I grew tired quickly of the quaint home Aelfric had built for us within the walls of Irontoes East; domesticated I am naut, to say the least. The investigations of the guard left me rather bored now as well. Though each day I wish to do less...Hateful and senseless things, I love the thrill of the hunt - doing something that could be punished, if caught and avoiding being so.

There was only a mild rush now when I snuck back into my home in Qeynos, and even less when I snuck within Freeport; though my true location and reasons for being in Qeynos were unknown to nearly all, it was well known that I went where I pleased without having been dismissed by the Overlord as many others who wandered there had. A strange respect had come over many within the vile walls, and I rarely had to sneak anywhere there.

But with quiet words and masquerade, I found a bit of fun to be had within both cities...


...and just breath...

I still did naut understand why I often awoke within these waters. Today there were no priests to greet me with their silent stares and knowing eyes.

What I did know was that I must make my way into the Harbor, and the Mermaid's Lure to find what I wanted just then...perhaps what I need
...

No comments:

Post a Comment