Monday, April 6, 2009

Steelday, the 19th of Stargazing

At first, we moved my things into the Willow Wood, as Aelfric's shop was still being finished. Prior to moving into the Wood, I'd seen little more than the Vermin's Snye and the Down Below - which were admittably cleaner than even the most well kept areas of Freeport - and now that I could move about the city with at least some easy, I was taken by the sheer sparkling cleanliness of the city.

To my surprise, Aelfric found a room within the inner city that I could easily get to without encountering the guards. It was very elegant, with ornate oak trim, maple floors and ceilings and beautifully designed windows - nothing in Freeport compared to it, however simple the room is. It is, after all, just a two room apartment.

It is in the Irontoes East Inn, and the owner has allowed Aelfric to open a shop which is the front room of the apartment. We've several pieces already up and ready to sell, however he has naut yet found a sewing maniquine for me; I can wait, but we at least can sell some things he's made - arrows, bows, quills and paper.

Should the success of his shop be any indication of the time ahead, things look...exceptional...

But I am naut always content with my new surroundings. I've a constant fight between what I was taught to be the truth of the world - the glory of the Teir`Dal, the Hate of Innoruuk - and the new truths I am slowly discovering. There are moments when I wish to vivisect another being I see, and drink their blood, and praise the Prince of Hate; but something nau longer feels correct about these things...

It does naut help my confusion that every time I go to leave our home, the world goes black and I awaken within the temperate pool within the center of the Temple of Life. The priests say naut a word to me, watching me closely as I pull myself from the waters; they know something, but I do naut know what...

No comments:

Post a Comment